Ethnava chikankari Carrot red georgette short top
- Give your traditional look an exhilarating spin-off of Lucknowi chikankari with this hand-embroidered chikan top. We have merged traditional chikankari with a contemporary design which is the need of the modern women. A beautiful interaction of colors done with carrot-colored cotton thread on the comfortable cotton fabric takes your grace and style one step ahead.
- Details make the design ‘Shadow work’ and ‘Phanda’ chikan stitches done with carrot-colored thread speaks of the grandeur of this kurti. Heavily embroidered neckline with subtle all-over adroit floral motifs adding to the beauty of the chikan top.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and have an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by a closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2371
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot Red
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- A coarse thread that unites with fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor.
- So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronised by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent centre of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.