Ethnava Chikankari Yellow cotton Kurta
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- Skillfully handcrafted with the chikan stitches of “Ghaspatti”, this beautiful yellow Lucknowi chikan kurta of cotton booti fabric is delicately adorned with detailed floral patterns and designs using yellow cotton thread. The grass leaves formed by a V-shaped line of stitches worked in a graduated series on the right side of the fabric. It is occasionally done in parallel rows to fill petals and leaves in a motif. This is the art of “Ghaspatti”.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made.
- The grass leaves formed by V-shaped line of stitches worked in a graduated series on the right side of the fabric, this stitch really brings out the craft. It is occasionally done within parallel rows to fill petals and leaves in a motif.
- This chikan kurta is an ideal outfit for college, office or any party. If styled with a dupatta and palazzos, it can present you with a complete ethnic and traditional look.
- Breathable and comfortable fabric, this kurta is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2436
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton Booti Cloth
- Thread: Yellow Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
Lucknowi Chikankari is one of its kind hand embroidery, a variety of stitching styles are involved in chikan embroidery. It takes many years for an artisan to master the techniques of chikankari, chikan embroidery requires discipline and precision of detail in its formation. As a result, this art cannot be replicated anywhere. There are 32 stitches of chikan, which are broadly classified into Raised stitch, Embossed and Flat stitch and Open Trellis.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.