Beautiful Ethnava Lucknowi Chikankari Carrot Red Kota Cotton Kurta
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari Lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with comfort.
- This carrot-colored angrakha chikankari kurta is adorned with intricate chikan stitches “Bakhiya” and “Phanda” on the delicate kota fabric. Hand crafted, this lucknowi chikan kurta has detailed floral patterns, motifs and designs using white cotton thread on kota doriya. Kota Doria or Kota Doriya is the name of a light weight fabric made of tiny woven squares (khat) which is still hand woven on traditional pit looms in Kaithoon near Kota in Rajasthan and in some of the surrounding villages. Kota Doriya Sarees are made of pure cotton and silk and have square like patterns known as khats on them.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari. According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This Lucknow kurta will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace or to your college, or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is a perfect wear for office, college and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with dupattas and palazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with denim jeans to be casual wear.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2422
- Style: Angarkha Anarkali.Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Kota
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.