Beautiful Ethnava Lucknowi Chikankari Yellow Kota Cotton Kurta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation.
- Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- This yellow-white chikan kurta is adorned with the chikan stitches of “Bhakiya” and “Phanda” which are two of the major intricate chikan stitches. Hand crafted by the skilled and dedicated artisans, the simplicity of this kurta is enhanced by its embroidery. The amalgamation of detailed floral patterns, motis, and butis brings out the charm of this chikan kurta. The kota fabric is a light weight fabric made of tiny woven squares (khat) which is still hand woven on traditional pit looms. Made with intense precision, this angrakha chikan kurta is a perfect wear for you.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the center of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft color palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the center of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknowi Chikankari Kurta
- For a chic casual look we can pair this kurti with denims and opt for embroidered palazzos or dupattas for an ethnic look. One can accessorize with oxidized jewelry to keep the look subtle yet catchy.
A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2422
- Style: Angarkha
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Kota
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadhai suits| cikankari| chicken work| chikankari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.