Captivating Ethnava Chikankari Cotton Beige Kurti
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style, and make of our product.
- This fawn colored chikan kurta is adorned with the intrictate chikan stitches of “Bhakiya” and “Phanda” on the cotton fabric by skilled artisans creating detailed floral patterns, motifs, butis and designs on the delicate fabric. This chikan kurta gets it glam all because of its unique color and precise details of the embroidery that has been hand crafted with intense precision.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This alluring fawn coloured kurta will be your perfect go-to outfit each time you’d want to step out of you house. A perfect blend of traditionalism with a slight punch of modernity, this kurti is a perfect blend for you. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this fawn chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2435
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Fawn
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh.
- Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.