Captivating Ethnava Chikankari Cotton Yellow Kurti
- Though embroidery has evolved with times it still remains delicate, intricate and graceful. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta which denotes elegance with comfort.
- This yellow chikankari kurta is adorned with the detailed embroidery of floral patterns and motifs all over the cotton fabric by using the two major chikankari stitches namely-“Bhakiya” and “Phanda”. Skillfully handcrafted by dedicated artisans, this chikan kurti will definitely be your go-to outfit for every occasion.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork. It is presumed that this style of embroidery tender to pattern itself on Jamdani weaving.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This yellow chikan kurta is a perfect outfit for college, office or any party. Handcrafted, this piece is unique and stands out in the crowd.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
One can pair this yellow lucknowi chikan kurta with white palazzos or leggings to complete the look. An embroidered dupatta can also be added to glam up this look. Accessorize with oxidized or pearl jewelry.
The chikankari work was initially done on white yarn known as tanzeb. Now the embroidery is done on georgette, cotton, chiffon and other fine fabrics as well. Chikankari is not restricted to clothes alone but found on cushion covers, table linen, and pillow covers to name a few.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.