Ethnava chikanakri lavender kurti
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever-evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- Lavender is a feminine, graceful and elegant color that represents beauty and feminine aesthetics. This gorgeous Lavender handcrafted chikan kurta has been embellished with the immaculate embroidery and chikan stitches of “Shadow work or Bhakiya” using white cotton thread. Cotton fabric can be used for designing a plethora of fabrics. It is light and lets the skin breathe.
- ‘Bakhia’ stitches are effective in bringing in a shady look, and the style is more or less comparable to ‘herringbone’ stitching. Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Shadow Work is a type of embroidery done on sheer fabric, stitching on the backside of the fabric, which appears opaque on the front. In shadow work, diagonal crisscrossed threads create a very subtle shadow, which is highlighted by small stitches.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41122
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Lavender
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.