Captivating Ethnava Peach georgette Chikankari Saree with running blouse – 31122
This captivating Peach Georgette Saree is undoubtedly ‘6 yards of pure elegance’. Handcrafted with utmost detailing and precision by skilled artisans, this georgette saree is adorned with the immaculate chikan stitches “Phanda”, “Bhakiya” and “Shadow work”. The ‘pallu’ is delicately embellished with intricate floral patterns and motifs which gives a royal and elegant look.
SKU of Lucknowi saree: 31122
Style: saree with running blouse
Color of Chikankari saree: peach
Length of Chikan saree: 6.40 mtrs
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : Georgette
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
1 in stock (can be backordered)
How to measure
Ethnava Peach georgette Saree with running blouse
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed art work. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of art have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product.
- This captivating Peach Georgette Saree is undoubtedly ‘6 yards of pure elegance’. Handcrafted with utmost detailing and precision by skilled artisans, this georgette saree is adorned with the immaculate chikan stitches “Phanda”, “Bhakiya” or “Shadow work”. The ‘pallu’ is delicately embellished with intricate floral patterns and motifs which gives a royal and elegant look.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery.
- his saree is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this elegant saree will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi saree: 31122
- Style: saree with running blouse
- Color of Chikankari saree: peach
- Length of Chikan saree: 6.40 mtrs
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride. A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.