Ethnava chikankari Baby Pink Cotton Kurti
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
- Reveal your sartorial brilliance with this Baby Pink Cotton Chikan Kurti that emanates elegance and poise. Beautifully handcrafted with delicate chikan stitches of Bhakiya using white coloured cotton threads, this pretty number elevates your style-quotient several notches higher. The kurti radiates a soft and eye-pleasing colour palette on skin friendly fabric; this kurti is what you need to face the vivacity of summers.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- It is presumed that this style of embroidery tender to pattern itself on Jamdani weaving. Some historians also hold the view that during the Mughal rule the court had expert ‘Raffugars’, and since the embroidered muslins were so fine that it hardly lasted one wash, these darners did invisible work and this later developed into a Bakhiastitch, although this is a very unromantic view. This kind of stitch was very popular in Murshidabad and Dacca but this art died out, In Lucknow it managed to sustain, survive, and is very popular, as all the artisans knew this stitch.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Combine this baby pink chikan kurti with matching white embroidered palazzos or ankle-length pants. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry. Wear this with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41123
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Baby Pink
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
Chikankari is one of the most traditional embroidery styles from Lucknow, it is believed that this embroidery has introduced in the 17thcentury by Noor Jahan, Mughal emperor Jahangir’s wife in India. Noor Jahan was a known talented embroiderer with a particular found of Chikankari work. In this era, the mostly fabric was used like Muslin or Mulmul as they were best suited for the warm, humid climate. In the 18th and 19th centuries, after the loss of the Empire Chikankari artisans spread all over India and founded various re-established centers.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.