Ethnava chikankari Beige Georgette Saree
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing.
- Skilfully handcrafted by dedicated craftsmen, this Beige Georgette chikan saree is a comprehensive amalgamation of elegance and royalty. Adorned with the major chikan stitches using the “Shadow work” technique, this georgette saree is beautifully handcrafted with dense embroidery and floral patterns that amplify and enhance the essence and elegance of this piece.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Spruced up with the finest of chikankari stitch- ‘Bakhiya’, this saree envelops the body in the most enticing way. Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow which fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31124
- Style: Saree
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Beige
- Length of Chikan Saree: 6.25 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Shadow Work
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.