Ethnava beige cotton unstitched chikankari kurta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Intricate chikan stiches “Bakhiya”, “Keel” and “Phanda” using white cotton thread have been used to adorn on the cotton fabric of this beige lucknowi chikan kurta. The neckline is decorated with detailed floral patterns and motifs that beautifies this beige Luncknowi chikan kurta. Specially handcrafted by skilled artisans, this beige chikanari kurta is an embodiment of elegance and poise.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered.. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
One can always complete your look by pairing this beige chikankari kurta with pallazos and embroidered dupattas. For a chic casual look, one can sport this kurta with denims as well. Accessorise with metallic oxidized or pearl jewelry.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41113
- Style: Unstitched Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Beige
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.