Ethnava blue georgetteunstitched chikankari kurti, dupatta 41119
Adorned with the intricate chikan stitches of “shadow work”, “phanda” and “keel” using white cotton thread on the delicate georgette fabric, this unstitched blue chikankari kurta is a perfect amalgamation of traditionalism and with a hit of modernity in its design.
SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41119
Style: Unstitched Kurti
Color of Chikankari Kurta: Blue
Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : georgette
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
2 in stock (can be backordered)
How to measure
Ethnava blue georgette unstitched chikankari kurti, dupatta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Adorned with the intricate chikan stitches of “shadow work”, “phanda” and “keel” using white cotton thread on the delicate georgette fabric, this unstitched blue chikankari kurta is a perfect amalgamation of traditionalism and with a hit of modernity in its design.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41119
- Style: Unstitched Kurti
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this blue chikankari kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with its beautiful dupatta.
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.