Ethnava Carrot Chiffon Georgette Saree with running blouse
- We, at Ethnava, try to fuse craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari. We aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with style as well as comfort.
- Adorned with the intricate stitches “Phanda” and “Bhakiya or Shadow Work”, this Carrot colored chiffon-georgette saree is a perfect embodiment of sophistication and grace. Handcrafted with intense precision by skillful artisans, each piece is unique and a perfect wear for you.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow which fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2433
- Style: Saree with running blouse
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot
- Length of Chikan saree: 6.40 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
- Fabric : Chiffon/Georgette
- Thread: White Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.