Ethnava chikankari Beige Cotton Kurta with Mehndi green Embroidery
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. The art came to India from Persia with Noor Jehan, the queen of the Mughal Emperor Jehangir and was patronized by the nawabs for many years. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
- “Ghaspatti” chikan stitches are used to adorn this beautiful beige cotton kurta using green mehendi colored threads. The cotton fabric is comfortable and lets the skin breathe. Cotton fabric can be used for designing a plethora of fabrics. It is a staple fiber that is light in weight and is a breathable textile. Cotton material is a finely spun and highly twisted, which makes the cotton fabric durable and strong. The intricate embroidery on the neckline brings life to this chikan kurta.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring pattern in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fills up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens.
- It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow. From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery.
- Are you looking for an elegant chikan kurti to make you the centre of attention? This chikan kurti will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurti to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2449
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Beige
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.