Charming Ethnava chikankari Blue rayon short kurti – 2415
This blue rayon frock style short top is a perfect fit for that casual look you’ve always been desiring for! The blue on blue chikankari embroidery makes it an apt pick for pairing it with white palazzo or dhoti pants.
SKU of short top: 2415
Color of short top: Blue
Length of short top: 54 inch
Sleeves: Three-quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
Silhouette: top provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable
Fabric: Modal Cotton
Thread: Cotton thread
Ethnava chikankari Blue Rayon Short Kurti
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- This blue rayon kurti is a perfect fit for that casual look you’ve always been desiring for! The blue on blue embroidery makes it as an apt pick for pairing it with white palazzo or dhoti pants.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made.
- The grass leaves formed by V-shaped line of stitches worked in a graduated series on the right side of the fabric, this stitch really brings out the craft. It is occasionally done within parallel rows to fill petals and leaves in a motif.
- Ghas Patti Stitch is a standout amongst the most eminent and acknowledged stitches in the territory of Chikankari, Ghas Patti is widely used as a part of chikan articles of clothing. From Kurtis’ to Chikan Suits to trendy palazzos
Add on to Short top
- SKU of short top: 2415
- Color of short top: Blue
- Length of short top: 54 inch
- Sleeves: Three-quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: this provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.