Ethnava chikankari Brown Sattin Cotton short top
- Nowadays, the Indo-Western style is in trends. People are all up for mix and matching their outfits. To give a spin-off to your basic traditional look, this Short Satin Cotton Top is perfect wear. Adorned with the chikan stitches of “Shadow work” and “Phanda”. Heavy embroidered neckline with subtle all over adroit floral motifs adding to the beauty of the chikan top.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- Are you looking for an indo-western outfit make you the centre of attention? This brown satin short top will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This short top will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal.
Add on to Short Top
Style this short top with jeans, ankle-length pants or palazzos. Team them up with oxidized jewelry or pearl studs.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2269
- Style: Short Top
- Color of Chikankari Short top: Brown
- Length of Chikan short top: 31 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Satin Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- A coarse thread that unites with fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor.
- So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronised by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent centre of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.