Ethnava chikankari Carrot Red Georgette Kurti with White Dupatta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Georgette is a part of the crêpe fashion fabric family, Georgette fabric is a woven silk textile that is translucent with a slightly puckered surface and a beautiful drape. The silk crêpe fabric was first introduced in France at the beginning of the twentieth century.
- This beautifully crafted georgette Carrot Red Kurta reveals your sartorial grace, adorned with intricate chikan stitches of “Shadow work”, this chikan kurta is beautiful embroidered with delicate floral patterns and motifs.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of the fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow that fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
- To add glam to your looks, pair them up with embroidered palazzos and dupattas. Accessorise with metallic oxidized jewelry and a clutch.
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41116
- SKU of Lucknowi Dupatta : 11
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot Red
- Color of Chikankari Dupatta : White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 5 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Kurti Fabric: Georgette
- Dupatta Fabric: Chiffon
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
Chikankari is one of the most traditional embroidery styles from Lucknow, it is believed that this embroidery has introduced in the 17thcentury by Noor Jahan, Mughal emperor Jahangir’s wife in India. Noor Jahan was a known talented embroiderer with a particularly fondness of Chikankari work. In this era, most fabrics were used like Muslin or Mulmul as they were best suited for the warm, humid climate. In the 18th and 19th centuries, after the loss of the Empire Chikankari artisans spread all over India and founded various re-established centers.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.