Ethnava chikankari Carrot Red cotton A-line Kurta
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- Lucknowi craftsmanship echoes impeccable vision by soothing pastel tones, this carrot-colored chikan kurta is beautifully handcrafted with utmost accuracy and detailing using white cotton thread. One can clearly see how skillfully the neckline of this kurta has been adorned with floral patterns and motifs using the “Ghaspatti” chikan stitches that enhance and amplifies its beauty.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring pattern in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fills up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens.
- It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow. From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery.
- Ghas Patti Stitch is a standout amongst the most eminent and acknowledged stitches in the territory of Chikankari, Ghas Patti is widely used as a part of chikan articles of clothing from Kurtis’ to Chikan Suits to trendy palazzos.
- The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
To enhance your entire look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas. These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2405
- Style: A-line with Two Pockets
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot Red
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 44 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
The only Persian word with an associated sound from which Chikan may have derived is ‘Chick’ or ‘Chiq’ defined by Yule’s glossary of colloquial Anglo–Indian as ‘bamboo screen bind’. John Freyer used this word on the voyage of 1672-81 when describing the women of Bombay. The coach where women were was covered with ‘Cheeks’ a sort of hanging curtain, made with bents variously colored with Lacker and Chequerd with pack thread. The women sat behind it and were not clearly visible.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.