Ethnava chikankari Carrot Red Cotton Kurta
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of arts have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This head-turning, gorgeous carrot red chikan kurta is adorned with intricate chikan stitches of “Keel”, “Phanda” and “Bhakiya” using white cotton thread to create immaculate floral patterns and motifs. Handcrafted, each piece stands out and is perfect for summer vivacity.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2380
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Carrot Red
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
- A coarse thread that unites with a fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor.
- So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronized by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent centre of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.