Charming Ethnava chikankari Dark Pink cotton Kurta – BHM 23
This gorgeous handcrafted pink chikan kurta is adorned with dense embroidery using white cotton thread especially around the neckline which provides this kurta with an amplified royal and elegant look. The detailed and immaculate chikan work technique have been used to craft this kurta with intense precision by skilled artisans.
SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2433
Style: Angarkha Anarkali
Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : Modal Cotton
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Chikan work
Ethnava chikankari Dark Pink cotton Kurta
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- This gorgeous handcrafted pink chikan kurta is adorned with dense embroidery using white cotton thread especially around the neckline which provides this kurta with an amplified royal and elegant look. The detailed and immaculate chikan work technique have been used to craft this kurta with intense precision by skilled artisans.
- Chikan work is a combination of many different embroidery stitches, flat, raised and knot stitches. In chikan work some of the designs are worked from the back of the fabric and others from the front.
- Delicately worked chikankari designs were embroidered on the finest of cotton mulmul (muslin) fabrics during the Mughal period, and it had value and worth for its aesthetics. It had been encouraged very much during that time to make it one of the most popular embroidery techniques of India and which has remained so till date. This embroidery technique is popularly used to adorn beautiful kurtas.
- This beautiful pink kurta will be your perfect go-to outfit each time you’d want to step out of your house. A perfect blend of traditionalism with a slight punch of modernity, this kurti is a perfect blend for you.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas. These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2433
- Style: Angarkha Anarkali
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Chikan Work
- Chikan designs have also been inspired from various other Mughal architecture with floral design. The most probable explanation which has historical backing reveals that the Chikan craft originated in West Bengal where the work meant ‘fine’. They had very fine local muslins made into garments for themselves, which the ladies embroidered with the Chikanwork of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
- .The benevolent rulers of Awadh patronized the artisans and encouraged their craftsmanship and the affluence and extravagance of later Awadh rulers seems to have attracted their enchanting craft to their capital of Lucknow.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.