Ethnava Chikankari Dark Pink cotton Kurta
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever-evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- Keeping the feminine aesthetics in mind, this beautifully handcrafted Pink Cotton Lucknowi Chikan Kurta is adorned with chikan work and the neckline is adorned with delicate embroidery using white cotton thread. Floral patterns and motifs enhance the beauty of this kurta. Perfect wear for your college, office or any party.
- The craft of Chikan work, often referred to as Lucknow Chikan, is over 400 years old with a firm presence in the Indian and global fashion arena. The technique of its creation is called Chikankari and its unique sensibility flaunts grace and elegance as subtly as the wearer pleases.
- the word Chikan quite literally means embroidery, the art form incorporates approximately 36 different stitching techniques that in modern times are often combined with embellishments of pearls and mirror.
- A perfect kurta for you to sport at your office, in college or at any festivities. Elegance with comfort, this kurta is all about perfection.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas. One can accessorize with oxidised jewelry or pearl studs as well. Sunglasses and a hand cluth would add the oomph to your outfit.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: BHM 26
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Dark Pink
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 38 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Chikan work
- Chikan embroidery has been symbolic of Lucknow’s Nawabi culture and traditions for hundreds of years. Chikankari, means ’embroidery’. It is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’.
- It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. Lucknowi Chikan is prized and valued for the impeccable artistry skills of the artisans.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.