Ethnava chikankari Peach Cotton kurti
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created this harmoniously charming special piece which is hand embroidered black chikankari lucknowi kurta with modal cotton material. With Ethnava we aim to provide you with a chikan kurti which denotes elegance with comfort
- Bakhiya — ‘Shadow work’ or bhakia is one of the stitches of chikankari. The reason for the name shadow is that the embroidery is done on the wrong side and we see its shadow on the right side. Flaunt it and embrace the grace of hand-embroidered Chikankari
- Reveal your stylish inner-self by flaunting this beautiful peach-colored chikan kurta which is adorned with detailed and dense embroidery all over the cotton fabric using the “Shadow work” chikan stitches. Chikankari adds royalty to your closet. Comfy, light-weight and elegant, this chikan kurta has it all!
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This lucknow kurta will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace or to your college, or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41123
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Peach
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
- The only Persian word with an associated sound from which Chikan may have derived is ‘Chick’ or ‘Chiq’ defined by Yule’s glossary of colloquial Anglo–Indian as ‘bamboo screen bind’. John Freyer used this word on the voyage of 1672-81 when describing the women of Bombay.
- The coach where women were was covered with ‘Cheeks’ a sort of hanging curtain, made with bents variously colored with Lacker and Chequerd with pack thread. The women sat behind it and were not clearly visible.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.