Ethnava chikankari Pink Cotton Kurti with White Dupatta
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of arts have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style, and make of our product.
- This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvelous chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work using white cotton thread. The color palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this adds to the desirability of this elegant pink chikan kurta.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and have an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by a closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Shadow Work is a type of embroidery done on sheer fabric, stitching on the backside of the fabric, which appears opaque on the front. In shadow work, diagonal crisscrossed threads create a very subtle shadow, which is highlighted by small stitches.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
For a head-turning look, combine this pink chikan Kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry.
Chikan designs have also been inspired by various other Mughal architecture with floral design. The most probable explanation which has historical backing reveals that the Chikan craft originated in West Bengal where the work meant ‘fine’. They had very fine local muslins made into garments for themselves, which the ladies embroidered with the Chikanwork of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.