Ethnava Chikankari Sky Blue cotton booti cloth Kurta
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not waverd from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- This beautiful blue kurta has been created with perfection using blue cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stitch ”Ghaspatti” has been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta. Each piece is skillfully handcrafted by our dedicated artisans with utmost precision and hardwork.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring pattern in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fills up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens. It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow. From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made. The grass leaves formed by a V-shaped line of stitches worked in a graduated series on the right side of the fabric, this stitch really brings out the craft. It is occasionally done within parallel rows to fill petals and leaves in a motif.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered white palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas. Accessorize with metallic oxidized jewelry or pearl studs, and carry a stylish hand clutch.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2436
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sky Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton Booti Cloth
- Thread: Sky Blue Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.