Beautiful Ethnava chikankari white cotton kurti
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- According to a fable, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same impression in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- This beautiful white kurta has been created with perfection using pink cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stitches “Bakhiya” and “Keel” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phanda stitch is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- This chikan kurti will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurti to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41121
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Keel
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh. The old artisan families of Awadh come from a line of skilled Chikankari artists, and they still practice the trade.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.