Ethnava chikankari White Cotton Kurta
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever-evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not waverd from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
- The ‘Chikan Work’ is a combination of different types of techniques such as. ‘Shadow work’, ‘Phanda’, ‘Ghaspatti’ and ‘Keel’.
- It takes many years for an artisan to master the techniques of chikankari, chikan embroidery requires discipline and precision of detail in its formation. As a result, this art cannot be replicated anywhere. There are 32 stitches of chikankari, which are broadly classified into Raised stitch, Embossed and Flat stitch and Open Trellis.
- This beautiful white kurta has been created with perfection using white and peach cotton threads creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stiches have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is perfect wear for office, college and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with dupattas and palazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with denim jeans to be a casual wear.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: BHM 28
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 38 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Chikan
Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.