Ethnava Chikankari Yellow Kurti with Green Embroidery
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing. This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta.
- This exquisite Green colored kurta adorned with chikan stitches “Bhakiya” and “Phanda” over kota fabric is the perfect manifestation of the word “Royalty”. The neckline is beautifully designed and embroidered with intensive floral patterns and motifs that enhance the grace of this kurta.
- Kota is a lightweight fabric made of tiny woven squares (khat) which is still handwoven on traditional pit looms in Kaithoon near Kota in Rajasthan and in some of the surrounding villages.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the center of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- The main stitches in chikankari Bhakiya or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque effect on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by a closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
- This chikan kurta will definitely be your go-to outfit. Mix and match with different palazzos or ankle-length pants to get your perfect look. Accessorize with oxidized jewelry and sunglasses.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2423
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Lemon
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Kota
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.