Ethnava green georgette chikankari saree with running blouse – 31130
This gorgeous ethnic green chikan saree has been created with perfection using white cotton thread on georgette cloth, creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikan stitch “Tepchi” has been used to adorn the fabric of the lucknow Saree. Created on a delicate piece of cloth, the beauty of this piece rests in the handicraft of the embroidery it is adorned with. Every piece, since handcrafted, is unique in itself and stands out.
SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31130
Style: Saree with running blouse
Color of Chikankari Saree: Green
Length of Chikan Saree: 6.40 meters
Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Tepchi work
2 in stock (can be backordered)
How to measure
Ethnava green georgette chikankari saree with running blouse
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed art work. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of art have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product.
- This gorgeous ethnic green chikan saree has been created with perfection using white cotton thread on georgette cloth, creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikan stitch “Tepchi” has been used to adorn the fabric of the lucknow chikan kari saree.
- Tepchi stitch is also known as Taipchi or Tipkhi stitch and is a specific type of stitching work that is used in chikankari embroidery (also known as chikan work). This is mainly an extremely simplistic darning stitch. In this style, the thread is woven along the grain of the fabric in single rows at a time.
Add on to the chikankari saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31130
- Style: Saree with running blouse
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Green
- Length of Chikan Saree: 6.40 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Tepchi work
Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride. A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.