Ethnava chikankari Yellow Cotton Saree
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Intricate Lucknowi chikankari details finely orchestrated on a comfy cotton base leads to the creation of this Yellow chikan cotton Saree. Chikankari is primarily associated with the white hue. The canvas of white hue is delightfully decorated with white threads adding to the beauty of this saree. The signature chikan embroidery stitch- ‘Ulti Bakhiya’ is delicately created with white threads. The Bakhiya stitch revives Lucknow’s timeless craftsmanship on this saree.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow that fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
- Whereas, Ulti Bakhiya is crisscrossing of thread work on fabric, the reverse of shadow work. It gives the look as if the embroidery is itself the texture of the garment. The floats lie on the reverse of the fabric underneath the motif. The transparent muslin becomes opaque and provides a beautiful effect of light and shade.
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff-sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell-sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose extravagant jewelry. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi saree: 21114
- Style: Saree
- Color of Chikankari saree: Yellow
- Length of Chikan saree: 6.25 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ulta Bakhiya
Chikankari is composed of 32, all unique in their own way, kinds of hand stitches. These can be broadly divided into 3 heads – flat stitches, raised and embossed stitches, and the open trellis-like jaali work. Some of these have equivalents in other embroideries, the rest are manipulations that make them distinctive and unique.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.