Ethnava peach cotton unstitched chikankari kurta
- We, at Ethnava, try to fuse craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari. We aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with style as well as comfort.
- Intricate chikan stitches “Bakhiya”, “Gotapatti”, “Keel” and “Phanda” are adorned on the cotton fabric to create immaculate embroideries such as floral patterns and motifs. This Peach colored unstitched chikankari kurti has the perfect summer vibes and would be a perfect outfit at office, college or any party.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery.
- Gota Patti or Gota-Kinari work is a distinctive embroidery and it uses the applique technique. Small pieces of zari ribbon are applied onto the fabric with the edges sewn down to create elaborate patterns.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is a perfect wear for office, college and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with duppattas and plazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with a denim jeans to be a casual wear.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41113
- Style: Unstitched Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Peach
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Gotapatti, Keel & Phanda
Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.