Ethnava Hand Embroidered Lucknowi Chikankari Yellow Cotton Unstitched Kurti Piece
- The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever-evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends. Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- Yellow is the color that emanates warmth and the arrival of spring. Color full of liveliness and sunshine, this Beautiful Yellow chikan Kurta is adorned with intricate shadow work stitches creating dense embroidery of floral patterns and immaculate motifs decorating the neckline.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan Kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41113
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls.
- Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.