Ethnava Hand Embroidered White Georgette Lucknowi Chikan Anarkali Kurti
- Chikankari seamlessly blends the modern and the classic to appeal to present-day fashion. We, at Ethnava, try to fuse craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari.
- Handcrafted with intense precision of skilled artisans, this gorgeous white georgette Anarkali chikan kurta portrays pure elegance. A trend that never sets its foot off the market, Anarkali kurtis are loved by all age groups. Intricate chikankari stiches “Bakhiya”,”Keel” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered. To adorn the petals and floral motifs, the Keel stitches are used.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
Anarkali dresses are also an ideal choice if you are looking for a party wear frock suit. Don a floor length Anarkali dress and club it with an embellished clutch, do your hair in a loose French braid and put on some high heels to garner attention of all at an engagement or cocktail party. Going for your friend’s mehendi ceremony? Grab a leheriya printed Anarkali and pair it with the right jewelry and juttis with pom pom embellishments to showcase your inner fashionista. Looking for something to amplify your festive look? Go for a shimmery or embellished Anarkali kurta set and pair it with a potli bag and juttis to slay the look.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2303
- Style: Anarkali
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 50 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
- Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
- It is said to be derived from a Persian word ‘chakin’ which means creating delicate patterns on a fabric. However, there are theories that connect this craft to Bengal, where the word means fine. There’s yet another story where the word is said to be a version of ‘chikeen’, which referred to a coin valuing Rs 4 for which the work was sold in the past.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.