Ethnava Hand Work Magenta Lucknowi Chikankari Cotton Kurti
- Chikankari is a deliberate and detailed art form that uses fine threads and delicate designs on fine fabrics. It has evolved, as have all forms of arts. As a result, its styling is modernist. Despite this, Chikankari has stayed true to its traditionalist roots. At Ethnava, maintain our unwavering loyalty to tradition while remaining up-to-date in our product design, style, and function.
- This pink cotton white Chikankurta is adorned with Phanda and Bhakiya, two stitches unique to the art of Chikankari. This cotton cloth has a beautiful embroidery that does much more than merely decorate the fabric. A Lakhnavi culture characteristic is evident in the stitches used to embroider this kurta. Nose Pins, also known as Keels, are a type of stitch that lives up to its name. It is intended to resemble nose pins. The needle picks up a tiny stitch on the fabric, and the Phanda stitch is embroidered to create this stitch.
Small spikes, embroidered with a ‘V shape on the top, are embroidered on either side of each pearl-like dot.
This nose pin is similar to the one worn by women in North India.
- Typically, Phanda refers to knots that have the form of Millets. Phanda can be considered a more complex variant of stitching. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. They are mostly used for making the centers of flowers in simple Chikankari designs. Knots are millet-shaped stitches.
- One of the most popular stitches is shadow work. This stitch has the filling on the wrong side. A running stitch bounds the design on the right side of the fabric at the same time. This stitch gives a neat appearance, making it on the reverse side, like the herringbone stitch.
- If you’re looking for an elegant Chikan Kurti to show off the rich culture of Awadh and turn heads, this kurta will bring out the royal in you. You can wear this Chikan Kurti anywhere you please—the office, a college, or a party at your home. The versatile design of this piece makes it perfect for any occasion. You will never be disappointed by this Chikankari kurta’s incomparable style and appeal. Color palette and fabric make it ideal for summer evenings and winter morning brunches.
- It is perfect for summer wear, too. Furthermore, ChikanKari is hand-crafted. This craft ensures that each piece is unique and cannot be replicated and bodes well for its reputation. The motifs on this Chikan Kurti emphasize its beauty and display the artisans’ skill and imaginative abilities.
Add on to Lucknowi Chikan Kurta
The craft of Chikankari stands out in itself, and does not need excessive accessorizing. The embroidery around the neck shall suffice, and one can choose to let go heavy necklaces. These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches.
A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh. The old artisan families of Awadh come from a line of skilled Chikankari artists, and they still practice the trade.
Chikan Kurti Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.