Captivating Ethnava chikankari Lavender Georgette Saree-31125
Lucknowi craftsmanship echoes impeccable vision by soothing pastel tones with this Lavender Georgette Saree. A perfectly crafted saree, the scintillating details of ‘Bakhiya’ stitches put-downs the artistic stories of Lucknowi chikan embroidery on a vibrant faux georgette saree using Lavender threads.
SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31125
Color of Chikankari Saree: Lavender
Length of Chikan Saree: 6.25 meters
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
Fabric : Georgette
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Shadow work
Available on backorder
Ethnava chikankari Lavender Georgette Saree
- Lucknowi craftsmanship echoes impeccable vision by soothing pastel tones with this Lavender Georgette Saree. A perfectly crafted saree, the scintillating details of ‘Bakhiya’ stitches put-downs the artistic stories of Lucknowi chikan embroidery on a vibrant faux georgette saree using Lavender threads.
- It is fabled that a Begum, on witnessing a beautiful appliqué dress of a British lady, wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress, thus, this stitch of chikan was created in circa 18th century. It is done mostly in making petals of a floral motif or leaves giving a visual effect of a patch.
- Bakhiya Stitch or Shadow Work is one of the most popular stitches of Lucknowi Chikankari. It’s for the most part done from the wrong side of the texture and the genuine design toward the front is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the string is seen on the material from the correct side. The mesmerizing silhouette formed gives the look as if the embroidery is itself the texture of the garment.
- It is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Shadow Work is a type of embroidery done on sheer fabric, stitching on the backside of the fabric, which appears opaque on the front. In shadow work, diagonal crisscrossed threads create a very subtle shadow, which is highlighted by small stitches.
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewelry. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31125
- Style: Saree
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Lavender
- Length of Chikan Saree: 6.25 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
- Fabric: Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Shadow work
Chikankari, the finest white embroidery is art from Persia. However, its origin is a debatable matter, but all the possibilities of its origin suggest that this embroidery was introduced into the Indian subcontinent with the landing of Persians. Chikankari is an Art of Imagination, It is a handicraft process where the wooden blocks are hand chiseled in various design patterns, and the natural stew for printing is prepared, and printed on the cloth.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.