Ethnava white viscose unstitched chikan kurta with ressham neck embroidery -41118
This gorgeous white unstitched chikan kurta is adorned with immaculate chikan stitches “Bhakiya”, “Mukaish”, “Keel” and “Phanda”. With the Resham aari embroidery and Zardosi work, this chikan white chikan kurta portrays the bloom of sping with its multi colored Resham embroidery.
SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41118
Style: Unstitched Kurti
Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : Modal Viscose
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
1 in stock (can be backordered)
How to measure
Ethnava white viscose unstitched chikan kurta with multi-color embroidery
- Chikankari is one of the most traditional embroidery style of Lucknow introduced by Nur Jehan, Emperor Jahangir’s wife. Chikankari–means delicate and shadow work embroidery. This embroidery is native to the city of Lucknow. It is carried out on different fabrics like georgette, cotton, and chiffon.
- This gorgeous white unstitched chikan kurta is adorned with immaculate chikan stitches “Bhakiya”, “Mukaish”, “Keel” and “Phanda”. With the Resham aari embroidery and Zardosi work, this chikan white chikan kurta portrays the bloom of sping with its multi colored Resham embroidery.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Mukaish work is a form of embellishment work in which strips of metallic wire are inserted into the fabric and then twisted to create metallic embroidery. This type of embroidery involves twisting thin metallic threads to create patterns all over the fabric
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41118
- Style: Unstitched Kurti
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Modal Viscose
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.