Ethnava Orange khadi cotton Chikanakri kurta
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- This beautiful Orange khadi cotton kurta with white thread embroidery is adorned with the intricate stitches of “Chikan work” on khadi cotton. This fabric has a rugged texture and feels comfortable when worn during the winter season while also keeping one fresh in the summers. Handcrafted, this is a unique and delicately designed kurta that is perfect for you.
- The craft of Chikan work, often referred to as Lucknow Chikan, is over 400 years old with a firm presence in the Indian and global fashion arena. The technique of its creation is called Chikankari and its unique sensibility flaunts grace and elegance as subtly as the wearer pleases.
- Are you looking for an elegant chikan kurti to make you the centre of attention? This chikan kurti will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurti to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
- A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: BHM 21
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Orange
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Khadi Cotton
- Thread: White Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Chikan work
Chikankari is believed to have been popularised in India by Nur Jehan, wife of the Mughal emperor Jahangir. It was brought to India by Persian nobles who would visit the Mughal courts. Chikankari is also known as shadow work. It is an intricate and elegant art of embroidery pursued with a needle on fabric. The needlework requires time and patience, and that’s why the final product appears appealing.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.