Ethnava chikankari Peach Cotton Unstitched Kurti with White Dupatta
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- This Peach-colored Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the astonishing chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work using white thread. The color palette is soft and fresh along with delicate and comfy georgette fabric all this adds to the worth of this peach chikan kurta.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas Patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft color palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the center of attention in a room full of people. This Kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan Kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41116
- SKU of Lucknowi Dupatta:11
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Peach
- Color of Chikankari Dupatta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 5 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Kurta Fabric: Georgette
- Dupatta Fabric: Chiffon
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.