Ethnava Peach Georgette Saree with Running Blouse-31123
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari saree. With Ethnava Lucknow saree we aim to provide you with a chikan saree which denotes elegance with comfort.
- This gorgeous ethnic white chikankari saree has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the neck. Intricate chikan stitches “Bakhiya”, “Ghaspatti” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the neckline of the Lucknow saree.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- This Lucknow saree will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan saree to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari saree will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This chikan saree will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan saree, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
- Add on to Lucknow saree: For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi saree with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewellery.
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari saree and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.