Ethnava Chikankari Peach anarkali Kurta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generations to generations. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing. This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the spectacular chikan embroidery is hand crafted with intense precision and detailing.
- This subtle yet elegant peach chikankari georgette kurta has been created with intense precision and perfection using white cotton thread creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the neckline. Raveled chikan embroidery namely “shadow work”, “keel” and “Phanda” have been used to grace the delicate georgette fabric of this charming Lucknowi chikan kurta. Skillfully handcrafted by dedicated artisans, this chikan kurta is an embodiment of perfection.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- This beautiful peach kurta has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stiches “Bakhiya”,”Keel” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2303
- Style: Anarkali
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Peach
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 50 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
Chikan, in the literal sense, means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.