Ethnava red georgette unstitched chikankari kurti and dupatta
Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta which denotes elegance with comfort. This gorgeous ethnic red chikankari kurta has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikan stiches “Bakhiya”, “keel” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the fabric of the lucknow kurta. Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch. During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires hand crafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41119
- Style: Unstitched Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Red
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtr unstitched kurta, dupatta 2.40 mtr
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.