Ethnava chikankari Sky Blue Cotton Kurti
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- This sky blue chikan Kurti is a perfect amalgamation of sophistication and comfort. “Bhakiya or Shadow work” chikan stitches are used here to beautifully adorn this kurta with intricate floral patterns, designs, and detailed motifs to overall enhance and amplify the perfection of this piece.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This Lucknow kurta will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace or to your college, or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous Kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The color palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft color palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the center of attention in a room full of people. This Kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan Kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet, or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this sky blue chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 21068
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sky Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 7 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
A coarse thread that unites with a fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor. So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronized by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent center of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.