Stuning Ethnava Chikankari sky blue georgette saree with running blouse – 31122
Six yards of pure elegance. Yes! This sky blue georgette saree is a complete portray of royalty and elegance. Adorned with intricate stitches “Phanda” and “Bhakiya or Shadow work”, this saree is embroidered with detailed floral patterns and a heavily decorated ‘pallu’ with motifs. Handcrafted, each piece is unique and stands out on its own.
SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 2433
Color of Chikankari Saree: Sky Blue
Length of Chikan Saree: 54 inch
Silhouette: Chikankari Saree provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari Saree
Fabric: Modal Cotton
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Panda
3 in stock (can be backordered)
Ethnava Chikankari sky blue georgette saree with running blouse
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Six yards of pure elegance. Yes! This sky blue georgette saree is a complete portray of royalty and elegance. Adorned with intricate stitches “Phanda” and “Bhakiya or Shadow work”, this saree is embroidered with detailed floral patterns and a heavily decorated ‘pallu’ with motifs. Handcrafted, each piece is unique and stands out on its own.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires hand crafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
Add on to Lucknow Saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31122
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Sky blue
- Length of Chikan Saree: 54 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari Saree provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari Saree
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.