Elite Ethnava Chikankari Sky blue georgette saree with running blouse – 31130
Sarees have an understated elegance and bring a hint of poise and beauty to every woman who adorns one. This gorgeous Sky Blue Saree adorned with the “Tepchi work” is a work of art in itself. Beautiful floral patterns and motifs are embroidered all over the saree by intense detailing and precision.
SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31130
Style: Saree with running blouse
Color of Chikankari Saree: Sky Blue
Length of Chikan Saree: 6.40 mtrs
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : Georgette
Thread: Cotton thread
1 in stock (can be backordered)
How to measure
Elite Ethnava Chikankari Sky blue georgette saree with running blouse
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- Chikankari is a unique way of designing fabric. It’s an arduous process that is a compilation of designing, engraving, block printing, embroidery, washing and finishing. With Ethnava we aim to provide you with this alluring chikan saree which denotes elegance with comfort.
- Sarees have an understated elegance and bring a hint of poise and beauty to every woman who adorns one. This gorgeous Sky Blue Saree adorned with the “Tepchi work” is a work of art in itself. Beautiful floral patterns and motifs are embroidered all over the saree by intense detailing and precision.
- Tepchi or Taipchi or Tipkhi stitch is a long running of darning stitch worked with six strands on the right side of the fabric taken over four threads and picking up one. Thus, by this, a line is formed. Sometimes Tepchi is used to make the “bel-buti” all over the fabric.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This Sky blue Saree is indeed “six yards of elegance”. A perfect representation of perfection, royalty, poise and grace. This saree will definitely turn heads in awe.
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31130
- Style: Saree with running blouse
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Sky Blue
- Length of Chikan Saree: 6.40 mtrs
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Tepchi
- Chikankari is believed to have been popularised in India by Nur Jehan, wife of the Mughal emperor Jahangir. It was brought to India by Persian nobles who would visit the Mughal courts.
- It is a delicate hand embroidery found on a large range of fabrics that include chiffon, muslin, silk, organza, net, cotton, etc. Earlier the fabrics were embroidered using white thread but in due course of time, coloured threads started being used to set a trend and keep it updated with modern tastes.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.