Beautiful Ethnava sky blue white chikan kurta-2435
This beautiful sky blue chikankari kurta adorned with embroidery using white cotton stitches is the epitome of elegance, charm and grace. All the detailed floral patterns and motifs on the fabric shows the immaculate skills of the artisans and their unique imagination. Intricate chikan stitches “Bakhiya”, “Ghaspatti” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the fabric of the Lucknow kurta.
For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurta with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this chikankari lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2435
Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sky Blue
Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
Fabric : Cotton
Thread: Cotton thread
Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
Beautiful Ethnava sky blue white chikan kurta-2435
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of arts have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style, and make of our product.
- This charming sky-blue chikan kurta speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the astonishing chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or “Shadow Work”, “Ghas Patti” and “Phanda” using white cotton thread. The color palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this adds to the desirability of this elegant sky blue chikan kurta.
- ‘Phanda’ refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the center of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring patterns in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fill up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens. It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs, different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas Patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- This beautiful sky blue chikan kurta will be perfect wear for you. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace, to your college, or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its exceptional style, appeal, and charm. The color palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry.
If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this sky blue chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta.
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Mis-spelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.