Ethnava chikankari Grey cotton Kurta
- This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvelous chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work using white cotton thread. The colour palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- This elegant and classy grey chikan kurta is a clear embodiment of perfection. Using grey cotton thread and “Shadow work” and “Phanda” embroidery techniques on cotton fabric to create delicate and intricate floral patterns and motifs, this chikan kurta is a perfect blend of traditionalist craft with a punch of modernity.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41114
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Grey
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls.
- Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.