Ethnava Unstitched Yellow Cotton Kurta Design
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari cotton kurta design and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
- This gorgeous ethnic yellow colored chikankari kurta has been created with great care, using white cotton thread creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the neck. Intricate chikan stiches “Shadow” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the neck line of the Lucknowi cotton kurta design .
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow which fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- The old artisan families of awadh come from a line of skilled Chikankari artists, and they still practice the trade. The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, as well as on the beautiful ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls.
- Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh, also find place in Chikankari embroidery designs.
- This lucknow kurta will surely adorn your wardrobe with royalty. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta:
- For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with white, ankle length pants. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry. It will also go very well with small pearl earrings and a matching bracelet.
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.