Ethnava chikankari Yellow Cotton Kurti
- Chikankari is an Art of Imagination, It is a handicraft process where the wooden blocks are hand chiseled in various design patterns, and the natural stew for printing is prepared, and printed on the cloth. The chikankari artisans then use ternary of the needlecraft embroidery and perform the needlework artistically.
- This elegant and classy grey chikan kurta is a clear embodiment of perfection. Using white thread and “Shadow work” ” embroidery technique on georgette fabric to create delicate and intricate floral patterns and motifs, this chikan kurta is a perfect blend of traditionalist craft with a punch of modernity.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires hand crafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. Shadow Work is a type of embroidery done on sheer fabric, stitching on the backside of the fabric, which appears opaque on the front. In shadow work, diagonal crisscrossed threads create a very subtle shadow, which is highlighted by small stitches.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- To add glam to your looks, pair them up with embroidered palazzos and dupattas. Accessorise with metallic oxidized jewelry and a clutch.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41116
- SKU of Lucknowi Dupatta: 11
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Colors of Chikankari Dupatta: Wihte
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 5 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Kurta Fabric: Georgette
- Dupatta Fabric: Chiffon
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
Chikankari is one of the most traditional embroidery styles from Lucknow, it is believed that this embroidery has introduced in the 17thcentury by Noor Jahan, Mughal emperor Jahangir’s wife in India. Noor Jahan was a known talented embroiderer with a particularly fondness of Chikankari work. In this era, most fabrics was used like Muslin or Mulmul as they were best suited for the warm, humid climate. In the 18th and 19th centuries, after the loss of the Empire Chikankari artisans spread all over India and founded various re-established centers.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.