Ethnava chikankari Yellow Georgette Saree
- We, at Ethnava, try to fuse the craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style, and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari. We aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with style as well as comfort.
- Skillfully handcrafted, intricate Lucknowi chikankari details finely harmonized on a rich pure yellow georgette base leads to the creation of this. The canvas of white hue is delightfully decorated with white threads adding to the beauty of this suit piece. The signature chikan embroidery stitch- ‘Bakhiya or Shadow Work’ is delicately created with white threads. The Bakhiya stitch revives Lucknow’s timeless craftsmanship on this suit piece.
- It’s for the most part done from the wrong side of the texture and the genuine design toward the front is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the string is seen on the material from the correct side. The mesmerizing silhouette formed gives the look as if the embroidery is itself the texture of the garment. It is fabled that a Begum, on witnessing a beautiful appliqué dress of a British lady, wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress, thus, this stitch of chikan was created in circa 18th century. It is done mostly in making petals of a floral motif or leaves giving a visual effect of a patch.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow that fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff-sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell-sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikankari is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewelry. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi Saree: 31121
- Style: Saree
- Color of Chikankari Saree: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Saree: 6.25 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari saree
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Shadow Work
Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.