Ethnava chikankari Royal Blue Kurta with White Embroidery
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever-evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not waverd from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvelous chikan embroidery is hand crafted with chikan stitches-Ghaspatii using white cotton thread. The colour palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made.
- Ghas Patti Stitch is a standout amongst the most eminent and acknowledged stitches in the territory of Chikankari, Ghas Patti is widely used as a part of chikan articles of clothing. From Kurtis’ to Chikan Suits to trendy palazzos.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: BHM 21
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Sleeves: Three-quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.