Ethnava Yellow chikankari Kurti ewr
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing. We, at Ethnava, try to fuse craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari.
- This Yellow Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the astonishing chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches- “Ghaspatti” using white cotton thread. The color palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made.
- The grass leaves formed by V-shaped line of stitches worked in a graduated series on the right side of the fabric, this stitch really brings out the craft. It is occasionally done within parallel rows to fill petals and leaves in a motif.
- Ghas Patti Stitch is a standout amongst the most eminent and acknowledged stitches in the territory of Chikankari kurti, Ghas Patti is widely used as a part of chikan articles of clothing all from Kurtis to Chikan Suits to trendy palazzos.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2433
- Style: Angarkha Anarkali
- Color of Chikan Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikan kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikan kurta
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
Chikankari is an Art of Imagination, It is a handicraft process where the wooden blocks are hand chiseled in various design patterns, and the natural stew for printing is prepared, and printed on the cloth. The chikankari artisans then use ten ary of the needlecraft embroidery and perform the needlework artistically.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.